Friday, November 21, 2008

Poor little guy

This has been one of those weeks. You know the kind....yep. Between getting sick on my birthday, then getting sick again on Wednesday (got to remember to take my vitamins), a huge family drama that has kept me up at night and given me multiple headaches from crying, a huge to do list that hasn't even been dented, bills, lack of money, cranky kids and husband more than usual (probably my fault), messy house, multiple loads of pee clothes, etc. etc., I am just completely worn out. And I have so. much. to. do.

But the topper today was during preschool. (If you don't already know I teach preschool out of my home). I don't usually have preschool on Fridays but I switched it to today because I took off Wednesday, the day I was sick. Isaac and Owen hang out in a play yard in the corner of my preschool but today Owen just wouldn't stop whining and acting weird. He wouldn't even eat a cookie! So I went and picked up the poor guy and was holding him during story time when he suddenly puked all over everywhere. I think I handled it pretty well. I gave the kids little jobs to do while I went and cleaned him and myself up and although my students were a little noisier than usual they did a great job. Luckily it was near the end of school so we finished up and I sent them on their way. I held Owen for a while and then set him on the couch where he sat until I glanced over and found him like this:
If you know Owen you know that he NEVER does this. I honestly cannot remember a time that he just laid down and fell asleep when he wasn't in his crib. Here is one that shows Isaac chillin out next to him. (Luckily Isaac seems fine)
So even though it has been one of those weeks I would rather everything bad happen to me than my kids. I am so grateful for the sweet children that have been entrusted to my care. I may not be anywhere near approaching perfect but I love them with everything I have.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to your blog! I'm so sorry for all the illness your going through! I hope it gets better soon!! Your kids are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it was a rough week for both of us, what if we switched lives for a week, I would rather have your trials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have been sick. No fun at all. And sick kids are the worst. I hope things start to look up. Angela is amazing! They boys are so cute...even if they are sick or into messes.

    Keep smiling.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete