Thursday, September 11, 2008

Living my childhood dream

I have always, well ever since I can remember anyway, wanted to be a teacher. Well, that and a mother. I am living my dream! Today was really the epitome of what I always thought (or hoped) my life would be. I started teaching preschool on Tuesday here in my home and can I just say I LOVE IT! It helps me get more organized and up and completely dressed first thing in the morning along with my kids. I bring the babies down and put them in the play yard with toys, drinks and snacks and then greet my sweet preschoolers as they come. We start off the day with centers; book nook, writing, science, etc. Then we have circle time where we talk about our theme, calendar, letters, numbers, color, nursery rhyme, etc. Next is art and I love watching their creative little minds at work. Following art is outside/exercise time. Then we have reading time while they take turns washing their hands after which we have snack. Next comes writing/cutting and then singing time! So today while we were singing Mary Had a Little Lamb one little boy sang it opera. He had his little hand flapping in the air for emphasis and I am telling you it was the cutest thing I have ever seen! There are no words. Already I love each of these darling kids and I love having A and my babies in there too. We read the Hungry Caterpillar and I have a giant book with a stuffed caterpillar that wiggles through holes and those kids just couldn't stop laughing. And neither could Iz and O! Today was such a good happy day! I love my life and my jobs! It just couldn't get any better.....except maybe if I had a maid and a cook. ;)

3 comments:

  1. You are great at it too. I'm glad you enjoy it. They do some fun things don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are back to teaching preschool. To bad you aren't over here:) I could use a maid and a cook too!!
    LIz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how fun that all sounds it makes me a little envious that I not with the little ones anymore. I knew you would always be great with little ones and this just proves it. I am so proud of you! Mom

    ReplyDelete