Friday, March 14, 2008

My little Angels

I love my babies! I really really really do. But they have been so whiny lately. (I have no idea if I spelled that right) Anyway, I'm wondering if they have more teeth coming in or something because all they do is just whine and whine until Mommy picks them up and then half the time they keep whining. They are so stinkin' cute I can't stand it but I just wish they wouldn't need Mommy so much. Although I know that it will seem like tomorrow when I would give anything to have them back at this clingy loving mommy stage. At least my older boys are pretty snuggly still, we're a pretty snuggly family. I love that this blog is just total rambling.....that's what makes it fun, right? Anyhoo, it is so fun seeing how their different personalities are turning out. And I also think that they are not going to look very much alike at all. So, Iz is a little more serious but it is so worth it when I get his little smile out of him. He tends to be the one getting attacked by his brother more than doing the attacking, although he's had a few moments of his own. His cry is different too, when he gets mad it is higher pitched and he usually won't cry unless he really needs something. He will still occasionally take a pacifier which is nice sometimes. He seems more mellow sometimes but he is almost always first to be ready for a change. For example, when I put them both in the play pen to play O will usually stay a while but Iz wants out before long. I guess he likes change. And my goodness, he will not hold still for anything! They are both wiggly when I change their diapers but Iz WILL NOT stay on his back. I've been trying to learn to change a diaper upside down and it's very difficult.
O almost always is smiling and I love his laugh so much. I love it because I'll be playing with Iz trying to get him to smile and O will be watching, giggling and smiling and getting all worked up at the same time. I think it is so funny. My parents were get
ting such a kick out of him because he'd just be sitting there eating and all I'd have to do is talk to him or smile and he'd start shaking his hands and laughing because he was so excited. He also is my little tantrum baby and will fuss over silly things. He loves to take toys away from Iz and especially his pacifier, even though he just wants to play with it. He really does throw a good tantrum with arms and legs flailing already. It's probably not good that we find it so funny. O is wiggly during a diaper change too but he is actually worse when he is nursing. He always has to wiggle all over my lap which gets very interesting. Well, that's the twins right now. I will post soon with an update on E and A too. Here is a picture of their latest mischief, I just went to the bathroom and this is what I came back to. Oh the joy! At least Iz looks properly chastened . O just looks like "hey, I'm having a blast!" (Here's a not so angelic picture, Cheryl)

4 comments:

  1. Sharla
    Your kids are so cute.I hate changing diapers upside down as well:) Jamen is getting to wiggly, and it's fun to watch their personlities grow.
    liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I don't know how you do it with twins. I think that anyone that has twins has a for sure ticket to the Celestial Kingdom. When my girls got wiggly during changing time, I would hold their arms down with my legs. It probably looked funny, but I was able to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, I just had a fairly lengthy comment written and blogger gave me an error.

    I say that you get a gold star in Heaven. I know that the twins go to the patient women (that is why I get them 1 at a time).

    I also used my legs to hold arms down while changing diapers. Stetson was still sometimes able to get them out, but if you are fast it works good.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sharla, just your friendly neighborhood stalking mom from the net, Camilla, here.

    I was just popping in to see how your twins were doing. . . .you asked me about the getting into things stage, wow, when my twins were that age, they were the only ones so I didn't have to worry about legos, small change, or other treasures from older children on the floor. . . .good luck with that!! I do remember losing almost a roll of toilet paper--littered over the house-- to naughty twins. My best advice is just get used to the mess--I'm sure you are already very good at it.

    You were surprised I found your scrapping blog-- I think that is how I found it-- I was just surfing blogs on the forward button.

    GOod luck and good night!

    ReplyDelete