Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ouch

I.....can....barely.....move. Ouch. It hurts when I walk up the stairs. It hurts when I sit. It hurts when I stand. It hurts when I walk. It hurts when I bend over. It hurts every time I move in any direction at any time. Think I'm a wimp yet? I am. For just about always I have been overweight and it just gets worse and worse. I make the goal time and time again to get in shape but it never seems to happen. Well, this time I'm serious about it! I just wish it didn't hurt so much. So here's how it all came about...
I recently was called as 2nd counselor in the Young Women Presidency in our ward. This was very exciting for me (although I wish I had also been released from choir, soon I hope). Anyway, on Saturday we had an activity with the Young Men boating at the lake. (My job is tough, but someone's gotta do it;) Anyway, sitting on the boat with me was the new Young Women secretary who is also my Beehive advisor. We were chatting about this and that and I mentioned that I wanted to get in shape. So Megan (that's her name by the way) offered to be my personal trainer! How COOL is that? So we started yesterday morning bright and early at 6:30 (which if any of you know me is a miracle in itself) and she is working me hard. Well, it doesn't seem hard but my body seems to think it is. So cheer me on in my quest for a healthier me. I only have one question though...why can't exercising be as easy and enjoyable as eating chocolate? If I ever get to create a world it will be....

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Sharla. It is hard work and don't let anyone ever tell you it isn't. However, I do know that it does get easier and once you get in the routine you will enjoy it a little more because it won't hurt so much. I know you can do it. Rah Rah Rah!

    Emily

    P.S. I was impressed to hear you were exercising at 6:30 AM...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey let me join:) Good luck. I need more modavation

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the pain!! Trust me! From good old Boot Camp. I decided though the pain was completely worth it! I lost weight and felt better! Too bad I had to quit for school.

    ReplyDelete